Saturday, May 9, 2009

Thing 9--library blogs and such

I like to read blogs. I've liked to read blogs for a long time. It's funny--sometimes I almost forget that I don't actually "know" the people whose blogs I read, since I have been reading them for a long time.  I read Library Bytes long before Helene Blowers came to work for CML. I've read Librarian in Black for a long time. I still don't think I am going to use a RSS feed to read them, though. I like my "folder of links" methid just fine. Every once in a while, I save the links as a text file in my computer, so if something happened, I should be able to get my blogs back. But otherwise, I've been reading the same sets of blogs for so long that I should be able to remember which ones I want to read anyway. I don't like feed readers. I want to see the original blog--pictues formatting, sidebars.... Call me a fuddy duddy if you must, but that's the truth about that.  I have my folder of library blogs, and I read them when I get a chance. I didn't need Learn and Play to make me a library blog reader. I've considered it part of my professional duties for a while. 

No comments: